Yes, ACRA may randomly carry out a due diligence exercise, which may delay the name approval.
The business activity could be subject to control and regulation by other government authorities.
ACRA will reject if:
- It is identical to the name of another local company, unless there is some clear distinction (e.g. by trade).
- It is undesirable, including offensive or vulgar name.
An approved name will be reserved for 60 days from the date of application.
M&A is the company’s constitution and contains the following information:
- Name of the company
- Location of the Registered Office
- Liability of the members
- Company’s capital structure
- Names of the subscribers and the number of shares subscribed by them
- Principle activities of the company (optional)
- The rules governing the internal management of the company
* The documents has to be signed by the subscribers before us or a notary public (if signed outside Singapore)
It is not mandatory to have signed consent form to act as a director. It is, however, highly recommended for documentation purpose.
* The documents has to be signed by the directors before us or a notary public (if signed outside Singapore)
To apply online through Biz-file, the following information is required:
- Type of company
- Proposed company name
- Principal activities
- Particulars of directors
- Particulars of subscribers
- Share capital
- Registered address