Registration of a Private Limited Company in Singapore
The Private Limited Company is the most popular business entity in Singapore. Unlike business entities such as a Sole Proprietorship and Partnership, it has a separate legal status from its shareholders and directors who have limited liabilities for the debts and losses of the company. It has the rights to own properties. It usually has the words ‘Pte Ltd’ or ‘Ltd’ as part of its name. In many European countries or the US, it is commonly known as a corporation.
Rikvin is Singapore’s leading specialist in Singapore company registration. You can engage Rikvin to assist you with the registration of a Singapore Private Limited Company with ACRA.
Features of a Private Limited Company
- A legal entity separate and distinct from its shareholders and directors
- It can sue or be sued in its own name
- A minimum of 1 and a maximum of 50 shareholders
- A subsidiary company, with at least one individual shareholder with minimum of 10 percent shareholding, is entitled to local tax and development incentives
Singapore Company Registration Requirements for Singapore Private Limited Company
- Minimum 1 Shareholder
- 1 Resident Director
- 1 Company Secretary
- Minimum initial paid-up capital is S$1
- A Singapore registered office address
TAX EXEMPTION FOR QUALIFYING NEW START-UP COMPANIES
Singapore tax regime recognizes the importance of easing cash flow for startup companies in their initial years of operation, therefore the system, extends support in the form of sizeable exemptions to resident companies.
If you are a Singapore resident and you want to set up a company, you will need to do the following:
- Engage Rikvin to assist you with the incorporation of your company with ACRA.
- You can also drop in at our office and we can help you register with ACRA in less than hour.