Once you have decided to set up a representative office in Singapore, the following checklist will help you understand the key requirements and the overall registration process of a representative office.
The representative office registration approval process is a fairly straight forward process. Certain conditions must be met before the Singapore agency will register the Rep office.
SINGAPORE REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
- Sales Turnover of the foreign entity must be above US$250,000
- No. of years of establishment of the foreign entity must be at least 3 years
- Proposed No. of staff for RO should be not more than 5 people
A Singapore Representative Office
- is prohibited from concluding contracts, negotiating or opening a Letter of Credit, getting involved in trading, leasing a warehouse, etc.;
- can only engage in activities such as conducting market research and feasibility studies.
- has no legal status and it is merely an extension of the foreign company.
Setting-up Requirements for Representative office in Singapore
- 1 Corporate Shareholder + 1 Chief Representative
- A Registered Office Address in Singapore
|Proposed Representative office Name Approval from IE||
Rikvin can provide a prestigious registered address service for Singapore companies including virtual office services and hot desk.
|Corporate Bank Account Opening for Representative Office||We will assist you with opening a corporate bank account for your Singapore Representative office after the incorporation.|
|Registration requirements and documents required for Representative office setup||
|Work pass application for the Chief Representative staff||
TAXATION OF SINGAPORE REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE
A Singapore Representative office cannot engage in commercial revenue-generating activities, and therefore need not file for annual tax returns. However, income earned by the staff of the Representative Office including the Chief Representative is subject to Singapore personal income tax.