In recent weeks, the call for greater transparency has become more salient. In a month or so, Singapore’s financial institutions will have to sound off high-risk accounts that they suspect to be willfully evading taxes. Local authorities have pledged greater cooperation with jurisdictions such as Australia, US and UK in investigating tax offences. In addition, Singapore has also committed to promote greater exchange of information between jurisdictions that are investigating tax crimes. To that end, new updates in the Income Tax Act will trump Singapore’s famed banking secrecy laws.
Will this affect Singapore’s attractiveness as a financial hub? Find out more in this month’s issue of RikvinConnect.
In this issue:
- Foreword: Towards Greater Transparency
- Singapore Committed to International Tax Cooperation
- Tips on Managing Your Payroll
- Need Help with Drafting a Document?
- Guide on Shareholders’ Agreements
- Rikvin App Updates
- Why Open a Singapore Holding Company?
- Employment Pass Framework to be Tweaked Again!
- BE Sustainable Group Expands in Singapore
This newsletter is available for download in PDF format.
To receive our latest newsletter and updates via email, please subscribe to our mailing list.