Singapore immigration policies are becoming more stringent. Knowing how to apply for a Singapore PR is therefore crucial to a successful outcome.
Rikvin has been providing professional immigration services since 1998.
You can leave your concerns to rest and trust our specialists to provide a thorough assessment of all factors of your application and ensure that it meets the current standards of review.
Our reliable guidance and high success rate come with years of experience and continually staying abreast with Singapore’s immigration regulatory updates.
In the event that your application is rejected by the authority, our specialists will establish a firm appeal in defence of your position.
Rikvin is committed to putting your best case forward in every application or appeal.
The Professional, Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers scheme (PTS Scheme) is provided by Singapore for any foreign individual working in Singapore on a P, Q or S Singapore work pass to have the opportunity to become a permanent resident of Singapore. The PTS scheme is the most preferred route to attaining the Singapore PR. It is estimated that more than 95% of the foreign workers obtain their Singapore Permanent Residence through PTS scheme.
Through the PTS scheme, the work pass holder, his spouse and children aged under 21 years are eligible for the Singapore Permanent Residence (PR) status. Male dependants will then be liable for Singapore National Service. Unmarried children who are over 21 years old do not qualify for Singapore PR but are eligible to apply for the renewable Long Term Visit Pass, subject to the work pass holder’s re-entry permit validity.
PR Scheme for Professional, Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers
As of 1 January 2011, parents and parents-in-law are no longer eligible for PR status. Instead, they can apply for a renewable Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP), which is valid for up to 5 years.
- Age – Although there are exceptions based on certain circumstances, you should preferably be under 50 years old.
- Current professional vocation and employment history are vital, and you must currently hold a P, Q or S Singapore Employment Pass.
- Your current employer’s credentials play a part.
- Educational certifications and qualifications – Preference is given to those who have graduated from highly reputable academic institutions.
- Your current salary and overall financial status.
- Duration of stay and employment in Singapore – The longer you stay with employment, the better your chances are for approval.
- It is considered a plus factor if you have family ties in Singapore.
- Your personal interests and contributions to the Singapore community.
It is recommended to wait for at least twelve months after you have started working in Singapore before applying for permanent residence with Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA).
If you qualify for the PTS scheme based on the criteria listed above, please email us at email@example.com your resume for a quick evaluation. Upon evaluation, we will advise you on the next steps of the PTS application process.