As an investor who is interested to start up a business or invest in Singapore, you may apply for the Singapore Permanent Residence (PR) status through the Global Investor Programme (GIP).
You are eligible to apply for PR under the GIP if you have substantial business track record and a successful entrepreneurial background.
At present, under the Investor Scheme, you can choose either of the following investment options:
- Option A: Invest at least S$2.5 million in a new business start-up or expansion of an existing business operation.
- Option B: Invest at least S$2.5 million in a GIP-approved fund.
ASSESSMENT CRITERIA FOR GIP APPLICATION
- You must possess at least 3 years of entrepreneurial and business track record and must produce audited financial statements of your company for the last 3 years.
- If your company is in the real estate or construction-related industry, your company’s turnover must be at least S$200 million in the most recent year, and at least S$200 million per annum on average for the last 3 years;
- If your company is in other sectors, your company’s turnover must be at least S$50 million in the most recent year, and at least S$50 million per annum on average for the last 3 years. You should submit the financial statements of your company with the highest turnover. You may also consolidate your businesses to meet the minimum turnover criteria.
- If your company is privately-owned, you should have at least 30% shareholding in the company. Your role in the company, as well as the growth and profitability of your company would be taken into consideration.