How to Do an ACRA Company Name Search in Singapore?
Use our ACRA Search tool to help you with UEN or company name search
To see the complete search results, you may go to our Company Name Check tool »
What Is the ACRA Company Name Search Tool?
Starting a Singapore company? To register with ACRA, first, you need to do an ACRA company search. If you already have a business name in mind and would like to check if it is available in Singapore, you can use our ACRA Company Search tool above.
Why Is the ACRA Entity Name Search Tool Important?
Using the ACRA Search tool is important as it helps you to:
- Quickly identify if your preferred company name is available
- Compare other companies with similar names and avoid copyright issues
- Simplify the company name reservation process
What makes a company name valid by ACRA Singapore?
While you are in the process of choosing a valid name for your company, do note that to get your preferred company name approved, you should ensure that:
- It is not identical to the name of a registered company
- It is not currently reserved by someone else
- It is not inappropriate or offensive (refrain from including obscene or religious names)
- It does not include gazetted names (“Temasek” is not allowed in Singapore)
- It does not include words such as “Academy”, “College”, “Institute”, “Institution”, “University”; and “National”, “Singapore”.
You should also check that there are no trademarks associated with your preferred company name.
How Do I Create a Unique Company Name that will Approved by ACRA?
If your preferred name is rejected by ACRA, here are some tips to help you enhance and differentiate your core company name:
- Add distinguishing words or features to your core business name
- Add your scope of services to your business name
E.g. add “hospitality” or “hotel”
- Use symbols
E.g. “+” to replace “plus”
Please note that the following attempts at differentiating your name will not be accepted by ACRA:
- Adding “The” to the start of your preferred name
- Adding business entity type to the end of your preferred name e.g. “Pte Ltd”, “Ltd”
- Adding countries and regions to the end of your name e.g. “Singapore”, “Asia Pacific”, “International”
- Using the plural version of the name
My Company Name is Available, What’s Next?
Once you’ve registered your name on ACRA, and it has been approved, your next step would be to incorporate your company!
The process of setting up a company in Singapore can be completed within a day if you have all of your documents ready. Our team at Rikvin can help get you started on a successful company formation.
Frequently Asked Questions About ACRA
- You can use our name checker tool above to first check if your preferred Singapore company name is available before applying to ACRA.
- You are required to submit your desired and available company name to ACRA to seek approval.
The cost to reserve your preferred company name is $15.
- The company name application process only takes an hour and your approved company name can be reserved for 120 days thereafter.
Please note the processing time of your application may take an additional 14 to 60 days if your name include any of these words or their derivatives
- “Real Estate Agent”, “Real Estate Agency”
- “Commodity Trading”, “Rubber”
- “Foundation”, “International”, “Singapore”
- “Military”, “Defence”
- “School”, “Learning Centre”, “Education Centre”, “Training Centre”
- “Association of Southeast Asian Nations”, “ASEAN”
- “Law”, “Legal”, “Counsel”, “Chamber”, “Advocate”, “Solicitor”, “Law Corporation”, “LLC”
- “Bank”, “Finance”
- “Professional Engineering”, “Professional Engineers”
- “Accountancy”, “Accounting”, “Audit”
- “Hospital”, “Medical Clinic/Centre”, “Dental Clinic/Centre”, “Surgery”, “Medical/Clinical Laboratory”, “Healthcare Establishment”
For a more comprehensive list, please refer to this link.
- For the application process to be seamless with ACRA, you should ensure that your chosen Singapore company name:
- Does not infringe any trademark rights
- Is not obscene or vulgar
- Is not similar or identical to existing companies
- Is not reserved
Get started on Registering a Singapore Company
Chosen the perfect business name? We can now help you reserve it and get your Singapore company registered in no time.