Singapore Permanent Resident (PR) – PTS Scheme
The Professional, Technical Personnel, and Skilled Workers scheme (PTS Scheme) is designed to allow individuals holding a Singapore Employment Pass (EP) or S Pass to have the opportunity to become permanent residents.
The PTS scheme is the preferred route to attain Singapore Permanent Residency (PR). It is estimated that more than 95% of professionals attain their PR status through this scheme.
Under this scheme, an applicant’s spouse and children aged under 21 years may attain PR status. Male dependents will be liable for Singapore National Service.
Note: Unmarried children who are over 21 years old as well as parents and parents-in-law who do not qualify for Singapore PR may be eligible to apply for the renewable Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP), which is valid for up to 5 years.
Although Singapore is keen to grant PR status to eligible candidates, every application will be reviewed carefully based on the candidate’s qualities. Important factors are as follows:
- Age – Although there are exceptions based on certain circumstances, you should preferably be under 50 years old.
- Current professional vocation and employment history are vital, and you must currently hold an EP or S Pass.
- Your current employer’s credentials play a part.
- Educational certifications and qualifications – Preference is given to those who have graduated from reputable academic institutions.
- Your current salary and overall financial status.
- Duration of stay and employment in Singapore – the longer you stay with employment, the better your chances are for approval.
- It is considered a plus factor if you have family ties in Singapore.
- Your personal interests and contributions to the Singapore community.
It is recommended to wait for at least 12 months after you have started working in Singapore before applying for permanent residence with the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA).
If you think you qualify for the PTS scheme based on the criteria listed above, please email us at email@example.com your resume. Upon evaluation, we will advise you on the next steps of the PTS application process.
You can leave your concerns to rest and trust our specialists to provide a thorough assessment of all factors of your application and ensure that it meets the current standards of review.
Our reliable guidance and high success rate come with years of experience and continually staying abreast with Singapore’s immigration regulatory updates.
In the event that your application is rejected by the authority, our specialists will establish a firm appeal in defense of your position.
Rikvin is committed to putting your best case forward in every application or appeal.
Related link: Rikvin Publishes New Singapore Permanent Residency Guide »
We make moving to Singapore simple
Enjoy peace of mind with Rikvin's fast and effective relocation and immigration services.