The S Pass is a Singapore work visa type designed for mid-level skilled foreign workers employed by companies operating in Singapore. The application is assessed based on a point system with consideration for each of the following factors: salary, education qualifications, skills, job type and work experience. The number of S Pass holders a Singapore company can employ is capped according to its industry’s Dependency Ratio Ceiling (DRC).
Validity: It has a validity of 1 or 2 years and is renewable as long as the pass holder remains employed in the company, subject to the prevailing conditions imposed by the authority at the time of renewal.
Benefits: S Pass applicants whose fixed monthly salary is at least S$4,000 may apply for Dependant’s Pass and/or Long-Term Visit Pass for their family members.
Permanent Residence Eligibility: S pass holders are eligible to apply for Singapore Permanent Residency. There is no waiting period but it is advisable to wait for at least three years before applying for Permanent Residence.
Eligibility with effect from 1 July 2013:
- Fixed monthly salary of S$2,200 or above. Older and more experienced applicants are also expected to qualify under higher salaries, commensurate with their skills and work experience.
- Possession of a degree, diploma, or technical/specialist qualifications. Candidates from the People’s Republic of China are expected to authenticate their qualifications from independent verification channels such as the China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center, China Academic Degrees & Graduate Education Information and Dataflow.
- Relevant work experience and skills.
- Existing S Pass holders whose passes will expire after 1 July 2013 sets in will nevertheless be granted a one-time renewal based on pre-July 2013 terms.
- Workers whose S Passes will expire between 1 July to 31 December 2013 will get a one-time renewal of up to a year only based on the old criteria.
- S Passes that are due to expire on or after 1 January 2014, will have to be renewed under the new criteria.
Decision on all applications are subject to the discretion of the approving authority.
** Should you take up our S Pass Package, our initial consultation fee will be waived.