Singapore Personalised Employment Pass: Who is it for?
The Singapore Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) is designed for highly qualified Employment Pass holders and foreign professionals. The PEP offers more flexibility and freedom than other employment pass options as it does not tie you to a particular employer.
What are the advantages of the Singapore Personalised Employment Pass?
When compared to other work passes, the Singapore Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) allows you more job flexibility:
- In general, you can work in any industry. The PEP does not prevent you from complying with Singapore's registration requirements for professions such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, architecture, and law.
- If you change occupations, you do not need to reapply for a new pass; instead, you simply have to inform the Ministry of Manpower.
- You can stay in Singapore for up to 6 months without having a job in order to look for new work.
How can I qualify for the Singapore Personalised Employment Pass?
If you meet the following criteria, you can proceed to apply for a Singapore Personalised Employment Pass:
- You are a foreign professional working in another country, and your last drawn fixed monthly pay was at least $18,000. (Your most recent income should have been drawn within the last six months before you applied.)
- An Employment Pass holder who earns at least a fixed monthly income of $12,000.
Rikvin is well-known for assisting entrepreneurs, foreign corporations, and their employees in establishing a presence in Singapore. When it comes to Singapore's immigration laws and regulations, we are specialists. With 20 years of experience, we can provide you with dependable advice and a high success rate. If you’re thinking about getting a Singapore Personalised Employment Pass, Rikvin's Singapore Personalised Employment Pass Application Service can help you with the application process.
If you are one of the following, you are not eligible for the Singapore Personalised Employment Pass (PEP):
- An Employment Pass holder under the sponsorship scheme.
- A freelancer or foreigner who intends to work on a freelance-basis.
- A sole proprietor, partner or where a director is also a shareholder in an ACRA-registered company.
- A journalist, editor, sub-editor or producer.
For more information regarding the eligibility criteria for the Singapore Personalised Employment Pass (PEP), click here.
- The processing time for the Singapore Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) application is approximately 8 weeks.
Current Employment Pass (EP) holders need to have a minimum salary of at least $12,000 a month.
While, overseas foreign professionals require a minimum salary of at least $18,000 a month.
While on a Personalised Employment Pass (PEP), you are not allowed to incorporate a business or engage in any type of entrepreneurial activity.
You should apply for an Singapore Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass) if you want to do so.
- Unfortunately, the Singapore Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) can only be issued once, and cannot be renewed.
Sorry, submission was unsuccessful. Please try again or call or email us if error persists.Toggle