Make an Appointment for Work Pass Consultation
With our extensive experience, we can assist in determining the best visa solution for you instantly, resulting in faster processing time. Start by choosing your work visa requirement from the dropdown options.
Thank you for choosing RIKVINOur consultants will contact you shortly.
In this page, you will learn about the Singapore Employment Pass, the most popular relocation visa for qualified foreign managers, executives, specialists, and professionals. We will help you understand the eligibility requirements and approval criteria, as well as the application process and timeline.
Application and Renewal of Singapore Employment Pass
The Singapore Employment Pass (EP) is a type of Singapore work visa that is designed for entrepreneurs, executives and skilled professionals who wish to work in Singapore. The Employment Pass is also commonly known as EP, E Pass and Employment Visa. The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) allows foreign professionals to apply for a Singapore Employment Pass after they have incorporated a Singapore company. This visa enables them to live and work in Singapore. There is no official limit or quota for the Singapore Employment Pass.
We’re number 1
Rikvin has the most number of
online submissions for
Employment Pass applications
since obtaining the EA licence.
You may apply for a Singapore Employment Pass, if:
- You are a foreign entrepreneur, executive or managing director of a Singapore company and wish to relocate to Singapore to manage your company operations;
- You are a locally-incorporated Singapore company and need to hire foreign employees;
- You have an employment offer from a Singapore employer. In this case, your employer will process the EP application on your behalf.
E Pass eligibility requirements and Pass Types
All Employment Passes application are carefully assessed by MOM and on a case by case basis. MOM takes into consideration a number of factors such as the applicant’s qualifications, work experience, job scope, economic contribution, employer track record and ability to complement and supplement Singapore’s local workforce. To be considered for an Employment Pass, you must meet the minimum monthly salary requirement and possess one or more of the following:
- Generally, a recognized Diploma/Degree qualification
- Professional qualifications (professional or educational)
- Specialist skills
- Relevant Work related experience
In some instances, an applicant who does not possess recognized educational qualifications may not necessarily be rejected for an EP, if there are other compensating positive factors in favour of his application, namely:
- Applicant job profile, salary, citizenship, work experience etc
- Repute of the company, employer’s track record, Company paid up capital, tax contribution, etc
- Strategic and in-demand skills set, Government highlighted key industry for development, etc
Conversely, having recognised educational qualifications does not guarantee a successful EP application.
The table below summarizes the Singapore E pass requirements, categories and eligibility: There are 3 categories of Employment Passes namely P1, P2 and Q1.
|Pass Type||Eligibility requirements||Applicable for|
||Senior level managers; Managing Directors; CEOs; CFOs; Specialists (SMEs – Subject Matter Experts)|
||Mid-level Managers or Senior Executives; Skilled Technicians|
||Young graduates from acceptable institutions Minimum of 5 years work experience may compensate for lack of recognized qualifications|
Enhanced 2013 Employment Pass Framework *NEW*
Qualifying salary for the Q1 Employment Pass will be increased from $3,000 to at least $3,300* for young graduates, while older applicants would have to command a higher salary that is commensurate with the work experience and quality they are expected to bring. Concurrently, educational qualifications requirements will be tightened.
*- w.e.f. 1 January 2014
EMPLOYMENT PASS APPLICATION PROCEDURE & TIMELINE
Applications for Employment Passes must be submitted to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). Applications may be filed online or manually.
Approximately 80% of online applications are processed within 7 working days. This route requires the submission of relevant supporting documents.
Manual applications are advisable for applicants whose supporting documents (eg. testimonials from previous employers, writing samples etc.) highlight other merits. The processing time for this route takes at least five weeks from the date of receipt of the application. The duration may be slightly longer during peak periods or when the case requires further input from various economic agencies.
Who should apply for an EP Online:
- Applicants who received their tertiary education and graduated from reputable universities;
- Applicants who have amassed significant experience or are a subject matter experts in their fields;
- Have attained higher-level certification in their qualifications e.g. ACCA, ACIA, CFA, MBA etc;
- Applicants who have had significant working experience;
- Applicants who are eminent in their respective industry or vocation and can contribute to Singapore’s international prominence in that industry, especially if that field is highlighted in government policy as being a key industry for economic development.
Who should apply for an EP Manually:
- Young, inexperienced applicants who have had substantial co-curricular/leadership experience;
- Nationals of emerging economies with little or unsubstantial university education but with desirable qualities;
- Applicants with little to no formal education but have extensive informal vocational experience in key industries, the evidence of which can be furnished in the form of written testimonials, completed projects, portfolios etc.
Need Help for Employment Pass Application?
You may trust our specialists to provide a thorough assessment of all factors of your application and ensure that they meet the current standards of review. Our reliable guidance and high success rate come with years of experience and continually staying abreast with Singapore’s immigration regulatory updates.
Documents Required – Singapore Employment Pass Application Form
Rikvin requires the following documents for submission of Employment Pass application in Singapore:
- Resume or CV stating your educational and employment history (download Singapore Employment Pass Application form)
- Copies of educational certificates and past employment testimonials
- A copy of the personal particulars page of your passport
* Any documents that are not in English must be translated into English by an official translation service.
EP Submission Timeline
Unless your case demands so, Rikvin submits all Employment Pass (EP) applications electronically to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) so that you can learn of your application outcome sooner.
- It takes MOM between 1-15 working days to process the application.
- Upon receiving the In-principle Approval notification, we will make arrangements for the collection of your EP.
The application for the Employment Pass can only be done once the company has been incorporated. It is not necessary to be physically present in Singapore while the application is being processed.
Approval and Collection of Employment Pass
Once the application is approved, the Ministry of Manpower will issue an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter via email. The IPA letter must be produced upon collection of the EP at the Work Pass Division at Ministry of Manpower. An IPA letter is valid for six months from the date of notification of approval. To collect your EP you will be required to present:
- A copy of the IPA letter
- Recently taken passport size photograph
- Original passport with the entry embarkation cards
- Medical exam report* (if the In-Principle Approval states that you require one)
- Any other documents that are requested in the approval letter
* You may have a medical examination done in your own country through an established clinic/hospital or in Singapore. Most clinics in Singapore provide medical examination and report within a day.
Entry Visa into Singapore
If you are overseas and require an entry visa to Singapore, your IPA letter will include a single journey entry visa. Upon your arrival in Singapore, we will make an appointment with Ministry of Manpower on your behalf for finger printing. Upon completing the procedures, your pass will be ready in 4 working days. You may collect the pass at MOM personally or authorize Rikvin to collect it on your behalf.
Validity of Employment Pass upon Approval
The validity of an EP varies and are as follows:
- First-time applicants – up to 2 years
- EP renewals – up to 3 years
Singapore Employment Pass Rejection
In the event that your Employment pass application is rejected by the authority, our specialists will establish a firm appeal in defence of your position. Rikvin will investigate why your application has been rejected. Based on the reasons provided by MOM, we will submit an appeal that will address the issues outlined by MOM and also include additional documents as per their request, if any.
Please note that it may take three weeks or more to process an appeal, depending on the complexity of the case. Our fees include one free appeal in the event your initial application is unsuccessful.
Change of Employer
Employment Pass holders must apply for a new pass whenever they change employers. There is no need to cancel the existing pass prior to application for a new pass. MOM evaluates each application for a new pass based the applicant’s qualifications, work experience, and employer credentials. A new pass will be issued once the old pass is cancelled.
Renewal of Employment Pass
MOM will mail an Employment Pass Renewal Form to your employer’s address two months before your EP expires. You should submit the renewal application at least four weeks prior to the expiration of your EP. Once approved, your employer will receive a letter of notification and the new pass is ready for pick up at the Ministry of Manpower.
Important Note for Renewals of Employment Visa:
For existing EP holders whose passes expire:
- Before 1 January 2014: MOM will grant a one-off renewal based on existing criteria.
- Between 1 January – 30 June 2014: Receive a one-off renewal of up to 1 year on the existing criteria.
- After 30 June 2014: Existing EP holders must meet new criteria.
Singapore Dependent Passes for Family Members
All Employment Pass holders can apply for Dependant Pass and/or Long-Term Visit Pass for their family members. A separate dependent pass application for each family member should be submitted. The application can be submitted together with the Employment Pass application or separately
Dependant Pass Visa
S Pass and Singapore employment pass holders earning at least S$4,000 can apply for Dependant Pass for their:
- Unmarried children under 21 years of age
If you are an Employment Pass holder, your spouse is eligible to work in Singapore as a Dependant Pass holder. However, your prospective employer is required to apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) with Ministry of Manpower in order for you to work. (Note: Not eligible for S Pass holders)
Long-Term Visit Pass
P Pass holders may also apply for Long-Term Visit Pass for their:
- Common law spouse
- Unmarried daughters above 21 years of age
- Handicapped children above 21 years of age
- Step-children under 21 years of age
|EP Type||Eligible for Dependant Pass?||Eligible for Long-Term Visit Pass?|
|Q1||Yes, if they meet salary requirements||No|
WORK VISA PROCESSING SERVICES
Rikvin holds the status of a duly licensed employment agency with the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). The license enables Rikvin to facilitate placement of foreign employees for a local employer and represent employers or foreign employees in the official submission of work pass applications. With Rikvin dedicated work visa processing unit, clients need only deal with one party for all expatriate work pass administrative needs. Rikvin handles the paperwork and processes involved in obtaining the relevant visas for expatriate employees.
Options available after obtaining the EP
There are two options available for you after obtaining your Employment Pass. They are as follows:
P1, P2 and Q EP pass holders are eligible to apply for Singapore Permanent Residence through the Professional, Technical & Skilled Workers (PTS) scheme. There is no designated waiting period but one of the documents required for PR application is six months of salary record. Hence, it is advisable for P Pass holders to wait for at least six months prior to application. It is, however, advisable for Q1 pass holders wait for at least two years before applying for permanent residence.
Personalized Employment Pass:
For existing EP holders and overseas professionals that meets certain criteria, Singapore has introduced a new type of EP named Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) that is not tied to any employer. For more details, please refer to Singapore Personalised Employment Pass page.
NEED PROFESSIONAL ASSISTANCE
Should you engage a professional firm to assist you with your Singapore Employment Pass application filing? If you feel that you could do with having the benefit of perspectives of an experienced professional who deals with such applications day in and out, to review your application and supporting documents pre-application, and/or to recommend structuring your application in a way that boosts your chances of success, you should engage Rikvin for assistance. Call us at +65 63201888 or email us at email@example.com
** Should you take up our Employment Pass Package, our initial consultation fee will be waived.