Personalised Employment Pass

In this page, you will learn about the Singapore Personalised Employment Pass, including its eligibility requirements, approval criteria, application procedure, and timeline.

What is a Personalised Employment Pass?

Start Your Free Visa Assessment The Singapore Personalised Employment Pass, also known as PEP, is a special type of work visa issued to top-tier individuals based on their own merits.

The PEP is not exclusive to one employer, rendering its owner the flexibility and freedom to pursue opportunities without having to renew the pass with every company. The PEP holder is also entitled to stay in Singapore for up to 6 months in between jobs to evaluate career opportunities. The issuance of the PEP is managed by Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM).

Singapore personalised employment pass

What does it take to qualify for a PEP?

In line with the move to raise the quality of Employment Pass holders and in a bid to maintain the PEP as a premium pass for top-tier talent, MOM has laid the criteria as follows for PEP aspirants:

  • Must earn a minimum annual fixed salary of S$144,000
  • P1 Pass holders must earn a fixed monthly salary of at least S$12,000
  • Overseas professionals, who are not unemployed for longer than 6 consecutive months, must have at least S$18,000 as their last drawn fixed monthly salary

Failure to secure employment beyond the grace period will result in the revocation of the Singapore work visa.

Note for Existing PEP holders

  • You have until 31 Dec 2014 to meet the revised minimum annual fixed salary requirement of $144,000.
  • If your PEP is due to expire within 6 months after 31 Dec 2014 (i.e. between 1 Jan 2015 – 30 Jun 2015), you will be allowed to remain until expiry.
  • Your dependents will be allowed to stay so long as you have a valid PEP.

Procedure and Timeline for PEP Application

We can help you submit your PEP application to the Ministry of Manpower. The approval process for first time applicants takes approximately 3 to 4 weeks.

Documents Required to Apply for a PEP

We will need the following documents to apply for your PEP:

  • Resume detailing your educational and employment history; (download Singapore Employment Pass Application form)
  • Copies of educational certificates and past employment testimonials;
  • A copy of the personal particulars page of your passport;
  • Appointment letter from the current employer and
  • Copies of your pay slips over the last three months.

*Any documents that are not in English must be translated into English by an official translation service.

Approval and Collection of the PEP

Once your PEP application is approved, MOM will issue an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter via email. The IPA letter must be produced in order to collect the PEP at the Work Pass Division at MOM. An IPA letter is valid for six months from the date of the letter.

To collect your PEP you will be required to present:

  • A copy of the IPA letter
  • A recent passport sized photograph
  • Original passport with the entry embarkation cards
  • Medical exam report* (if the In-Principle Approval states that you require one)
  • Any other documents that are requested in the IPA letter

* You can get a medical examination done in your own country through an established clinic/hospital or in Singapore. Most clinics in Singapore can provide medical examination and report within a day.

Entry Visa into Singapore

If you are overseas and require an entry visa to Singapore, your IPA letter will include a single journey entry visa. Upon your arrival in Singapore, we will make an appointment with MOM on your behalf for finger printing. Once the procedures are completed, your pass will be ready in 4 working days.

You may collect the pass at MOM personally or authorize us to collect it on your behalf.

Relocation with Family Members

New PEP holders enjoy dependent privileges similar to those accorded to P1 Pass holders.

Dependant’s Pass for PEP Holders

A PEP holder may apply for Dependant’s Pass (DP) for his/her:

  • Spouse
  • Unmarried children under 21 years of age
  • Parents

Your spouse may work in Singapore as a Dependant’s Pass holder. However, his/her prospective employer must apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) with MOM before commencing work. 

Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP)

A PEP holder may also apply for Long-Term Visit Pass for his/her:

  • Common-law spouse
  • Unmarried and handicapped children above 21 years of age
  • Stepchildren
  • Parents-in-law

What happens if your PEP application is rejected?

In the event that your PEP application is rejected by MOM, Rikvin will investigate why your application has been rejected. Based on the reasons provided by MOM, we will submit an appeal that will address the issues outlined and include additional documents, if any, per their request.

MOM will take a minimum of three weeks or more to review your appeal.

Validity of Personalised Employment Pass

Please note the following conditions which affect the validity of your PEP:

  • Once issued, the PEP is valid for three years and it is non-renewable. Afterwhich, you must apply for an Employment Pass or for a Permanent Resident (PR) status in order to legally work in Singapore.
  • You are  not allowed to start your own business or engage in any entrepreneurial activities. You must apply for an EntrePass if you intend to do so.
  • You cannot be unemployed for more than 6 consecutive months. The failure to secure employment within six months results in the cancellation of the PEP.
  • Any changes in your employment, address, travel documents etc, must be promptly updated with the MOM.
  • You must declare to MOM your annual earnings within 30 days at the end of each calendar year.

Cancellation of Personalised Employment Pass

If you are unemployed for more than six months, your PEP will be cancelled and you will not be able to reinstate the Pass.

Consequently, you will be issued a 30-day Short Term Visit Pass upon cancellation of the PEP. In order to legally work in Singapore, you should apply for an Employment Pass or Permanent Residency.

Eligibility for Permanent Residence

PEP holders are eligible to apply for Permanent Residence through Professional, Technical Personnel & Skilled Workers (PTS) scheme. It is advisable to wait for at least six months before making the application so that you can furnish the required proof of 6 months’ salary.

PEP Talk Time

per hour

Face to Face Consultation and Planning
Start Now

Single Applicant

per application

Individual Application
Start Now


$1,200 + 600
main applicant + per dependent

Group Application
Start Now

* All fees are subject to 7% GST.| ** Should you take up our Personalised Employment Pass Package, our initial consultation fee will be waived.