To learn about the different visa options for foreigners who wish to work in Singapore, please read our Overview of Singapore Work Visas.
These occupations that are in demand are categorized by their respective industries. The industries are:
This list is derived from Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM) latest Strategic Skills-in-demand List.
Strategic and Skills-in-Demand List
|Risk Management Managers|
|Information Technology Professionals|
|Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities (FICC) Sales/ Traders|
|Investment Management Professionals|
|Project Management Professionals|
|Research Analysts and Structurers in Shipping, Aviation, Commodities, Infrastructure Finance, Real Estate|
|Underwriters and Actuaries in Marine Hull, Aviation, Energy, Political Risk, Terrorism and Agriculture Insurance|
|Electronics and Precision Engineering|
|Chemicals and Biomedicals|
|Aerospace and Marine & Offshore|
|Civil/ Structural/ Bridge Engineer|
|Mechanical & Electrical/Aircon/Fire/Instrumentation Engineer|
|Resident Technical Officer/ Engineer|
|Testing & Commissioning Engineer|
|Supervisor and General Foreman|
|Crane & Hoist Operator/BC Cutter Operator/Bored Piling Operator/Drilling Operator|
|Draftsman structural/ M&E/ architectural)/Autocad Operator|
|Building and Construction Project Manager|
|Medical Diagnostic Radiographer|
|Medical Social Worker|
|Dental Hygiene Therapist|
Information Communication & Digital Media Industry
Tourism and Retail Industry
|Museum/ Art Curator|
|Stage Technical Crew|
|Art Fair Organiser/ Art Dealer/Auctioneer|
People also ask
- Singapore is well known for being a global centre for finance, biotechnology, and energy. With that in mind, according to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), the industries with the most demand for employees are:
- Communication and digital media
- Retail and tourism
If you’d like to know more about the different types of working visas there are in Singapore, please check out our Singapore Working Visa Guide.
- Yes, accountants are certainly in demand in Singapore. According to the Singapore Business Review, the accounting sector is expected to have an extra 2,000 accountancy jobs created by 2020. The main accountancy roles to be in demand in Singapore are:
- Accounts assistants
- Finance executives
- Financial analysts
- Finance managers
- Finance planning and analysis
To be an accountant working and living in Singapore, have a look at our Singapore Employment Pass visa guide.
- The following careers will be in demand in Singapore in 2022:
- Financial Services Experts
- Cyber Security Experts
- Digital Marketers
- Data Scientists
- Product Managers
- UX Designers
- Internet of Things (IoT) Engineers
- Human Resources
- Care Workers for the elderly
If you are interested in the different options for living and working in Singapore, please see our Simple Singapore Working Visa Guide.
Need help with your Employment Pass application?
Rikvin, a Singapore Employment Licensed Agency, has immigration and work visa specialists who can help you! Call us at +65 6320 1888 or contact us now for a free consultation.