Singapore Representative Office Registration
Foreign commercial entity must fulfill the following criteria:
- Sales Turnover of the foreign entity must be > US$250,000
- No. of years of establishment of the foreign entity must be >= 3 years
- Proposed No. of staff for RO should be < 5 people
Taxation of Singapore Representative Office
A Singapore representative office cannot engage in commercial revenue-generating activities, and therefore need not file for annual tax returns. However, income paid to the staff of the Representative Office including the Chief Representative is subject to Singapore personal income tax.
If you choose to set up a Singapore Representative Office, you must take the following steps:
- Submit an application to register the Representative Office. Rikvin can assist you in the registration of your Representative Office.
- You can apply for an Employment Pass only after you have succeeded in registering the Representative Office. The Employment Pass application is for the Chief Representative who is the appointed staff member from the foreign company. The Employment Pass will allow the Chief Representative to relocate to Singapore to run the Representative Office.
- You will require a local registered office address. Rikvin can provide you with the use of our corporate registered address on a temporary or long term basis, if needed.