A foreign Subsidiary Company in Singapore is a locally incorporated limited liability company of which the majority of shares are held by the foreign company.
Subsidiary Setup with Relocation option to Singapore
If you wish to set up a Subsidiary Company and relocate a staff member to Singapore, you will need to do the following:
- Incorporate a Subsidiary Company
- Obtain an Employment Pass for the staff member who is relocating to Singapore. The Employment Pass application can be filed only after registration of the Subsidiary Company.
Setup Requirements for Singapore Subsidiary Company
- Minimum 1 Corporate Shareholder + 1 Resident Director + 1 Company Secretary
- Minimum initial paid-up capital is S$1
- A Singapore registered office address
Features of a Subsidiary
- It is incorporated as a limited liability company, hence has a distinct legal identity.
- The foreign company’s liability is limited to the value of the shares it subscribes into the subsidiary.
- The foreign parent company may own 100% of the subsidiary shares.
- A subsidiary company, with at least one individual shareholder with minimum of 10% shareholding, is entitled to local tax incentives. New start-up companies Pay Zero tax on the first S$100,000 of chargeable income for the first three consecutive years. A further 50% exemption is given on the next S$200,000 of the chargeable income.
Rikvin can help you
- incorporate your Singapore subsidiary company
- with the provision of a Singapore resident director: Via the Nominee Director Service, we can provide you with a local resident director on a temporary basis until you have secured an Employment Pass and can fulfil that role. We will transfer the local directorship to you once you secure your Employment Pass.
- apply for the Employment Pass for your employees: Rikvin has been providing professional immigration services since 1998.
Registration of Singapore company and Employment Pass application can be processed without you having to be in Singapore.