Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQs)
Licensing Requirements of a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQs) in the Philippines
Foreign corporations that want to establish a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQs) in the Philippines are required to secure a License to Do Business from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and the requirements for obtaining such are as follows:
- Name verification slip;
- Registration Data Sheet;
- Certification from the foreign corporation’s Principal Officer authorizing the establishment of an ROHQ in the Philippines;
- Proof of inward remittance of US$200,000.00 as initial capitalization;
- Certification from the Philippine Consulate/Embassy or the equivalent office of the Philippine Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) or from the Philippine Commercial Office in the foreign company’s country of origin authenticating that the foreign corporation is engaged in international trade in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region and other foreign markets with subsidiaries, branches or affiliates; and in case the certification is issued by the equivalent of the DTI, it shall also be verified by the Philippine Consulate/Embassy;
- Endorsement or clearance from applicable government agencies in the Philippines (if applicable);
- Endorsement from the Philippine Board of Investments (BOI); and,
- Latest financial statements that show the solvency of the head office from abroad.
Expand Your Business into the Philippines
Our Group of Companies is the leading force in cross-border corporate services in Southeast Asia. Our specialists in the Philippines possess multi-jurisdictional compliance expertise, assuring you that we can take your business wherever it needs to go.