Singapore Branch Office Registration + Nominee Resident Agent Service
Ready to Start? Order Now Singapore branch office is one of the two options for foreign companies wishing to setup their presence in Singapore.
A registered Branch Office in Singapore functions as an extension of a foreign company that is registered outside of Singapore.
Setup Requirements for a Branch Office in Singapore
- 1 Corporate Shareholder
- 1 Singapore Resident Agent
- A Registered Office Address in Singapore
Taxation of Singapore Branch Office
A Singapore branch office is considered a non-resident company for tax purposes. Non-resident companies are not eligible for tax incentives for new start up or resident companies; and therefore most foreign companies prefer to set up a Subsidiary Company rather than a Branch Office.
Features of Singapore Branch Office
- The name must match that of the parent company.
- It must appoint one staff member who can be a Singapore resident or a foreign individual, to act as an agent to support the business administration of the Branch Office.
- It is an extension of the foreign parent company; therefore it does not have a separate legal identity.
- The foreign parent company is liable for the acts, losses and debts of its branch office.
- Foreign staff relocating to Singapore to be the agent must obtain an Employment Pass.
- The constitution of the company and its activities are directed by the foreign parent company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Must have a registered office address in Singapore
- It allows foreign companies to explore and expand business opportunities in Singapore market.
- It is a good platform to establish company’s brand.
- It enables direct connection with local agents and distributors.
- It is considered a non-resident for tax purposes, and therefore not eligible for any tax exemptions or incentives for new start-ups in Singapore.
- It does not have separate legal identity, and therefore the foreign parent company is responsible for all its debts, losses and liabilities.
- The foreign parent company is required to submit annual report and audited accounts within two months of the Branch Office’s annual general meeting.
If you choose to set up a Singapore Branch Office, you will need to take the following steps:
- Register a Singapore Branch Office. Rikvin can help you register your Branch Office.
- Appoint one resident agent to represent the company in accordance with the Singapore Companies Act. The agent can be a Singapore resident or an appointed staff member from the foreign company who has secured the Employment Pass.
- Alternatively, you can engage our Nominee Agent Service to represent your Branch Office.
- Any foreign company wishing to register a Singapore branch must engage the services of a professional services firm in Singapore.
Application for an Employment Pass for the appointed staff member to relocate to Singapore can only be submitted after the successful registration of the Branch Office.