Register a Private Limited Company in Singapore
Private Limited Company is the most popular business entity in Singapore.
Unlike business entities such as a Sole Proprietorship and Partnership, it has a separate legal status from its shareholders and directors who have limited liabilities for the debts and losses of the company.
It has the rights to own properties. It usually has the words ‘Pte Ltd’ or ‘Ltd’ as part of its name. In many European countries or the US, it is commonly known as a corporation.
Rikvin is Singapore’s leading specialist in Singapore company registration. You can engage Rikvin to assist you with the registration of a Singapore Private Limited Company with ACRA.
Features of a Private Limited Company
- A legal entity separate and distinct from its shareholders and directors
- It can sue or be sued in its own name
- A minimum of 1 and a maximum of 50 shareholders
- A subsidiary company, with at least one individual shareholder with a minimum of 10 percent shareholding, is entitled to local tax and development incentives
Singapore Company Registration Requirements for Singapore Private Limited Company
- Minimum 1 Shareholder
- 1 Resident Director
- 1 Company Secretary
- Minimum initial paid-up capital is S$1
- A Singapore registered office address
Tax Exemption for Qualifying New Start-up Companies
Singapore tax regime recognizes the importance of easing cash flow for startup companies in their initial years of operation, therefore the system extends support in the form of sizeable exemptions to resident companies.
If you are a Singapore resident and you want to set up a company, you will need to do the following:
- Engage Rikvin to assist you with the incorporation of your company with ACRA.
- You can also drop in at our office and we can help you register with ACRA in less than an hour.
Required information and Documents
- Company Name
- Brief Description of Business Activities
- Shareholders Particulars
- Directors Particulars
- Registered Address
Step 1 – Submit Your Request and Provide Incorporation Details
Upon receipt of your company incorporation details, we will:
- Check your proposed company’s name availability.
- Follow up with you to clarify queries (if any) and advise accordingly.
- Send you an invoice for our services.
Step 2 – Make Payment
We will commence with the preparation of incorporation documents upon receiving the payment for services as reflected in the invoice. We accept payment via cash, cheque, telegraphic transfer and credit card.*
You will then have to sign the incorporation documents either in Singapore before us or before Notary Public if you are overseas.
*(Admin surcharges apply.)
Step 3 – Incorporate Company
Upon the signing of the incorporation documents, we will proceed to register the Singapore Company with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore (ACRA). Once the company has been incorporated, you may proceed to open a corporate bank account.
Registration of Singapore Company
Our service for incorporation of a private limited Singapore Company includes:
- Name check and reservation
- Preparation of memorandum & articles of the company
- Preparation of registration forms
- Our Professional fees inclusive of Govt. fees
- E-Certificate of incorporation
- Preparation of compliance corporate kit, including corporate seal, share certificates, register and minutes book
- Minutes of the first board meeting
- Resolution to open a bank account
- Company common seal
Singapore Companies Act requires all Singapore Companies to appoint a Company Secretary to handle on-going Statutory Compliance Matters.
We will act as your company secretary and this service includes:
- ACRA Compliance Alert & Reminders
- Named Company Secretary registered with ACRA for 12 months
- Maintaining the statutory books, preparation of all relevant minutes for Directors’ and Shareholders’ meetings.
Registered Office Address
The Companies Act requires all Singapore incorporated entity to have a Singapore-based registered address.
- All Singapore Companies require a local registered address for official communication.
- Rikvin can provide a prestigious address if you don’t have one.
- If this option is terminated prematurely, any unused amount is refunded on a pro-rated basis.
Form a Private Limited company in Singapore with speed, ease, and value
An hour is all we need. Coupled with transparent, highly-competitive pricing and timely, committed support, your Private Limited company registration is made easy.