The registration of a branch office requires one resident agent. The following persons can be resident agents:
- Singapore citizens or permanent residents;
- Holders of Employment Pass/EntrePass/Dependant’s Pass.
Rikvin can provide you with one resident agent through our Nominee Agent Service.
Alternatively, you may appoint staff members from your home country as a branch agent. Those staff members will have to obtain valid Employment Pass in order to relocate and run the branch office in Singapore.
The Nominee Agent Service can help register your branch office quickly. In many cases, the nominees act as temporary agents until the appointed foreign staff member has their Employment Pass or suitable Singapore residents are found and appointed as agents.
We will provide the branch office with the Nominee Director, provided the followings conditions are met:
- The service is offered for statutory compliance only. The Nominee Agents will not be involved in any management, financial, or operational matters of the company.
- The parent company must appoint one or more individuals to be responsible for running the branch office operations.
- The company must satisfy Rikvin’s initial and ongoing KYC requirements.
- The company must execute our Nominee Agent Indemnity Agreement.
We will also require a refundable security deposit for the provision of the Nominee Agent Service. The service can be terminated at any time. The parent company, however, must appoint new Singapore resident agents to meet the statutory requirement.
FAQ – Nominee Agent Service for Branch Offices
- A Branch Office in Singapore is simply a location where your business is conducted. Business services are usually operated on a smaller scale in branch offices.
- To open a branch office in Singapore, you will need to have at least 1 resident agent who is either;
- Singaporean Citizen or Permanent Residents
- Holders of Employment Pass/EntrePass/Dependent’s Pass
- Yes, the foreign employee can open a branch office in Singapore as long as he/she has obtained a valid Employment Pass and then proceed to relocate and manage the branch.
Alternatively, you can engage a Nominee Agent from Rikvin to assist you in opening up a Singapore branch office seamlessly. This service is a temporary solution while your employee is in the midst of obtaining an Employment Pass and preparing to relocate.
- The role of the Nominee Agent/Director is to only assist in the initial requirements to set up the branch office as part of the statutory compliance. The Nominee Agent will not be involved in any management, financial, or operational matters of the company.
Setting up a New Singapore Branch Office?
We offer Singapore Branch Office Setup with Nominee Services package.