Company Formation + Employment Pass Application Service
If you are a foreign individual or business professional who wishes to form a company and relocate to Singapore to run that company operations, you will need to fulfil the following:
- Incorporate the Singapore company
- Obtain a Singapore Employment Pass work visa
Singapore Company Setup Requirements
- Minimum 1 shareholder
- 1 resident director
- 1 company secretary
- Minimum paid-up capital of S$1
- A local registered office address
If you are a foreign individual who wishes to incorporate a Singapore company and relocate to Singapore, the following must be fulfilled:
- Engage Rikvin to incorporate your Singapore company and use our local resident nominee director on a temporary basis until you secure your Employment Pass
- Apply for your Employment Pass
- Transfer the directorship upon securing your Employment Pass
- Relocate to Singapore and start your business
All company registration including work pass application can be handled without you having to be in Singapore.
Documents Required for Incorporating Singapore Company
Singapore resident shareholder and director:
- Copy of Singapore IC
- Copy of Employment Pass/Dependant Pass
Singapore non-resident shareholder and director:
- Copy of passport; and
- Copy of residential address proof such as a recent utility bill, residential phone bill, tax bill, cable TV bill or bank statements
If a shareholder is a corporate entity:
- Copy of the certificate of registration; and
- Current extract of company particulars from Registrar of Companies; and
- Copy of the constitution of the company; and
- A board resolution approving the incorporation of the Singapore company and the proposed shareholding
Please note the following:
All official documents must be in English or officially translated in English; if you have trouble getting the non English documents translated, we can assist you to do the same for a fee.
If you are overseas, you can email or post us the photocopies of the official documents. Upon receiving the required documents and payment we will prepare the incorporation documents to be duly signed either in Singapore before us or overseas before Notary Public or at the Singapore Embassy.
Checklist for Employment Pass (EP) Application
- Copy of Passport (Passport must have a validity of more than 6 months)
- Copy of highest educational certificate (including mark sheet)
- Copy of specialist / other professional certificates (if any)
Please complete the Rikvin Singapore Employment Pass application form.
Note that officially endorsed translated versions must be provided for any non-English documents.
Dependants Pass (DP)
If you intend to apply for passes for your dependant(s), we will require the following documents
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Marriage Certificate (Spouse)
- Copy of Birth Certificate (Child)
- Copy of highest education certificate (for spouse and/or child)
- If child is legally adopted, copy of the child’s official adoption documents
- Copy of custodial letter of the child (If the child is step-child)
Step 1 – Submit Your Request and Provide Incorporation Details
Upon receipt of your company details, we will:
- Check your proposed company’s name availability.
- Follow up with you to clarify queries (if any) and advise accordingly.
- Send you an invoice for our services.
- Conduct compliance review of the shareholders and directors
Step 2 – Preparation of Incorporation Documents
We will commence with the preparation of incorporation documents upon receiving the payment for services as reflected in the invoice. You will then have to sign the incorporation documents either in Singapore before us or before Notary Public if you are overseas.
Step 3 – Incorporate Company and Introduction to Banks
Upon the signing of the incorporation documents, we will proceed with the registration of your company with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore (ACRA).
Once the company has been incorporated, we will introduce you to banks for the opening of your corporate account. Please note that the bank account opening is subject to bank KYC .
Step 4 – Apply for Employment Pass (EP)
Rikvin submits all Employment Pass (EP) applications electronically to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) so that you can learn of your application outcome sooner.
- It takes MOM between 7-25 working days to process the application.
- Upon receiving the In-principle Approval notification, we will make arrangements for the collection of your EP.
Details Required for Incorporating Singapore Company
For registration of your Singapore Company, please provide us with the following information and documents so we can proceed with the next steps accordingly:
- Company Name
- Brief Description of Business Activities
- Shareholders Particulars
- Directors Particulars
- Registered Address of the Singapore company
- Ultimate Beneficial Owner details
Registration of Singapore Company
Our service for incorporation of a private limited Singapore Company includes:
- Name check and reservation
- Preparation of memorandum & articles of the company
- Preparation of registration forms
- Our Professional fees inclusive of government fees
- E-Certificate of incorporation
- Preparation of compliance corporate kit, including corporate seal, share certificates, register and minutes book
- Minutes of first board meeting
- Resolution to open a bank account
- Company common seal
Singapore Companies Act requires all Singapore Companies to appoint a Company Secretary to handle on-going Statutory Compliance Matters.
We will act as your company secretary and this service includes:
- ACRA Compliance Alert & Reminders
- Named Company Secretary registered with ACRA for 12 months
- Maintaining the statutory books, preparation of all relevant minutes for Directors’ and Shareholders’ meetings.
Provision of Nominee Director for 2 months
- Temporary Local Nominee Director Service is required until your Employment Pass is approved.
- Note: To provide this service, we also require an additional S$2,000 refundable security deposit which will be returned to you upon approval of your employment pass.
Employment Pass Filing
The Employment Pass is for professional or business man who has the relevant skill or experience and a recognised diploma/degree from a reputable university.
Our service includes the following:
- Application of Employment Pass on Line (EPOL) with the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
- Development, compilation and submission of required documents.
- Status tracking with Ministry of Manpower.
- Follow-up with authorities for all required clarifications.
* All our employment pass filing is done on line and not manual filing. This will cut the approval process time by half.
Registered Office Address
The companies Act requires all Singapore incorporated entity to have a Singapore-based registered address.
- All Singapore Companies require a local registered address for official communication.
- Rikvin can provide a prestigious address if you don’t have one.
- If this option is terminated prematurely, any unused amount is refunded on a pro-rated basis.
Dependant Pass Application
- Dependant Pass (DP) Application Processing
- On line filing for faster results
- Status tracking with Ministry of Manpower
- Follow Up Liaising with authorities in case of any clarifications required
People also ask
- A private limited company (LLC) is one of the standard types of a business entity set up in Singapore. The LLC is limited by shares and is considered a separate legal entity from its shareholders. This means that the shareholders are not liable for any of the company’s losses and debts beyond the amount of invested share capital. Every company in Singapore should register with the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) and follow the rules and regulations outlined in the Companies Act.
- To incorporate a private limited company in Singapore, you need to meet the following requirements:
- At least one shareholder (it could be a company or an individual)
- One resident director
- One company secretary
- Initial paid-up capital not less than SGD 1
- A physical office address registered in Singapore
- The company name review takes a few seconds, and you will get three possible outcomes; accepted, rejected, or referred. The name will be accepted if no existing or similar name is found.It is rejected if a similar name is already existing. It is referred to a relevant agency if it is considered to be having references to regulated industries such as school, medical, banking, etc. The name will be forwarded to the appropriate authorities for approval which takes between 7 days to 60 days.
Once the name has been approved, it will be reserved for 60 days. By the end of this period, the company should have started the incorporation process; otherwise, you can apply for an extension of 60 days.
- Here are the steps you should follow to register a private limited company in Singapore successfully:
- Complete the Singapore Company Incorporation form
- Review your documents and ensure that you have all the relevant documents
- Reserve the company name and if approved, prepared all the necessary documents
- Sign the incorporation documents
- Incorporate the company with ACRA
- Prepare the company resolution and supporting documents needed for opening the corporate bank account
- You will need to prepare the following documents to ensure that the incorporation of the private limited company in Singapore goes smoothly.
- Company name registered with ACRA
- A brief description of the company’s business activities
- Details of Singapore registered address of the company
- Shareholder, company secretary, and directors particulars
- Foreigners must submit a copy of their passport and proof of overseas residential address
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Singapore residents must present a copy of their Singapore ID
- After filing your incorporation request with ACRA, you will get the following documents as proof of incorporation:
1. Certificate of Good Standing
The certificate of good standing is proof that your company has been successfully registered in Singapore, and it is live in the ACRA Corporate Register. The document has an electronic signature of the ACRA’s Assistant Registrar, and it is only available for companies.
The details to look out for in the registrar include the name of the company, the incorporation date, status, and the operations. You will also be issued with other corporate documents such as share certificate for each of the shareholders, the common seal, and the statutory registers.
2. Company Business Profile
The company business profile contains all the information about the company, and you can make an online inquisition for a small fee. It includes the following details:
- Company name and incorporation number
- Previous names of the company, if any
- Registration date
- Core business activities
- Paid-up capital
- Registered address
- Details of the directors, shareholders, and company secretary
The company business profile will come in handy when fulfilling contractual and legal activities. This includes activities such as corporate bank account opening, subscribing to office utilities, signing of the office lease, and more.
Thousands of companies trust us to get started.
Rikvin’s expertise is unrivaled in Singapore. With 20 years of know-how in Singapore formation company, accounting, tax, payroll and immigration services, you can count on us to be your dedicated one-stop business solution.