The S Pass is a type of work visa designed for mid-level skilled workers employed by companies operating in Singapore. An application is assessed based on a point system with consideration for each of the following factors: salary, education qualifications, skills, job type and work experience.
The number of S Pass holders a company can employ is capped according to its industry’s Dependency Ratio Ceiling (DRC).
Validity of S-Pass:
The S Pass has a validity of up to 2 years and is renewable as long as the pass holder remains employed in the company, subject to the prevailing conditions imposed by the authority at the time of renewal.
What are the Benefits of S-Pass :
Applicants whose fixed monthly salary is at least S$6,000 may apply for Dependant’s Pass and/or Long-Term Visit Pass for their immediate family members.
Permanent Residence Eligibility:
S Pass holders are eligible to apply for Singapore Permanent Residency. Applicants are advised to wait for at least 3 years before applying for Permanent Residence.
- Have a fixed monthly salary of S$2,300 or above: Older and more experienced applicants are also expected to qualify under higher salaries, commensurate with their skills and work experience.
- Possess a degree, diploma, or technical/specialist qualifications: Candidates from the People’s Republic of China are expected to authenticate their qualifications from independent verification channels such as the China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center, China Academic Degrees & Graduate Education Information and Dataflow.
- Relevant work experience and skills.
Besides meeting the eligibility criteria, applicants need to take note of the following:
- Holder’s passport must be valid for at least 7 months.
- Employer must have sufficient S Pass quota for your sector.
Existing S Passes that are expiring from 1 Jan 2019 to 30 Jun 2019 can be renewed for up to one year, based on the pre-2019 salary requirement. however, S pass expiring from 1 Jul 2019 onwards will only be renewed if they are able to meet the new minimum qualifying $2,300 salary, which is expected to increase with length of experience.
A decision on all applications are subject to the discretion of MOM.
Levy for S Pass Holders
|Tier||Sector Dependency Ratio (DR)||Levy Rate
|Daily Levy Rate
|Basic Tier (Services and Other Sectors)||≤ 10%||$330||$10.85|
|Tier 2 (Services)||10 to 15%||$650||$21.37|
|Tier 2 (Other Sectors)||10 to 20%||$650||$21.37|
Don’t leave your S Pass application to chance.
We are experts when it comes to Singapore’s immigration laws and regulations. Our reliable guidance and high success rate comes with 20 years of experience. Secure your S Pass with us.