The S Pass is a type of work visa designed for mid-level skilled workers employed by companies operating in Singapore. An application is assessed based on a point system with consideration for each of the following factors: salary, education qualifications, skills, job type and work experience.
The number of S Pass holders a company can employ is capped according to its industry’s Dependency Ratio Ceiling (DRC).
The S Pass has a validity of 1 or 2 years and is renewable as long as the pass holder remains employed in the company, subject to the prevailing conditions imposed by the authority at the time of renewal.
Applicants whose fixed monthly salary is at least S$4,000 may apply for Dependant’s Pass and/or Long-Term Visit Pass for their immediate family members.
Permanent Residence Eligibility:
S Pass holders are eligible to apply for Singapore Permanent Residency. Applicants are advised to wait for at least 3 years before applying for Permanent Residence.
- Have a fixed monthly salary of S$2,200 or above: Older and more experienced applicants are also expected to qualify under higher salaries, commensurate with their skills and work experience.
- Possess a degree, diploma, or technical/specialist qualifications: Candidates from the People’s Republic of China are expected to authenticate their qualifications from independent verification channels such as the China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center, China Academic Degrees & Graduate Education Information and Dataflow.
- Relevant work experience and skills.
- Workers whose S Passes will expire between 1 July to 31 December 2013 will get a one-time renewal of up to a year only based on the old criteria.
- S Passes that are due to expire on or after 1 January 2014 will be reviewed under the new criteria.
Decision on all applications are subject to the discretion of MOM.
Levy for S Pass Holders
|Tier||Sector Dependency Ratio (DR)||Levy Rate
|Daily Levy Rate
(From 1 July 2016)
|Basic Tier||≤ 10%||$315||$10.36||$330|
|Tier 2 (Services)||10 to 15%||$550||$18.09||$650|
|Tier 2 (Other Sectors)||10 to 20%||$550||$18.09||$650|