Singapore Subsidiary Formation + Employment Pass Application Service
A foreign Subsidiary Company in Singapore is a locally incorporated limited liability company of which the majority of shares are held by the foreign company.
Subsidiary Setup with Relocation option to Singapore
If you wish to set up a Subsidiary Company and relocate a staff member to Singapore, you will need to do the following:
- Incorporate a Subsidiary Company
- Obtain an Employment Pass for the staff member who is relocating to Singapore. The Employment Pass application can be filed only after registration of the Subsidiary Company.
Setup Requirements for Singapore Subsidiary Company
- Minimum 1 Corporate Shareholder
- 1 Resident Director
- 1 Company Secretary
- Minimum initial paid-up capital is S$1
- A Singapore registered office address
Features of a Subsidiary
- It is incorporated as a limited liability company, hence has a distinct legal identity.
- The foreign company’s liability is limited to the value of the shares it subscribes into the subsidiary.
- The foreign parent company may own 100% of the subsidiary shares.
- A subsidiary company, with at least one individual shareholder with minimum of 10% shareholding, is entitled to local tax incentives. New start-up companies Pay Zero tax on the first S$100,000 of chargeable income for the first three consecutive years.
Rikvin can help you
- Incorporate your Singapore subsidiary company with the provision of a Singapore resident director: Via the Nominee Director Service, we can provide you with a local resident director on a temporary basis until you have secured an Employment Pass and can fulfil that role. We will transfer the local directorship to you once you secure your Employment Pass.
- Apply for the Employment Pass for you or your employees.
Registration of Singapore company and Employment Pass application can be processed without you having to be in Singapore.
- Name of the proposed Subsidiary Company
- Brief Description of Business Activities
- Shareholders Particulars
- Directors Particulars
- Registered Address of the Singapore company
Required Registration Documents
The following documents/information are/is required for the registration of a Singapore Subsidiary:
- A certificate of incorporation of the parent company
- An extract from the Registrar of Companies that shows the current registered address and directors of the parent company
- Passport particulars and residential address details of individuals who will act as the directors of the Singapore subsidiary
All documents must be in English and any non-English documents must be translated into English.
Step 1 – Submit Your Request and Provide Incorporation Details
Upon receipt of your company incorporation details, we will:
- Conduct compliance review of the shareholders and directors
- Check your proposed company’s name availability.
- Follow up with you to clarify queries (if any) and advise accordingly.
- Send you an invoice for our services.
Step 2 – Make Payment for Subsidiary Company
We will commence with the preparation of subsidiary Company incorporation documents upon receiving the payment for services as reflected in the invoice. We accept payment via cash, cheque, telegraphic transfer and credit card. (Admin surcharges apply.)
You will then have to sign the incorporation documents either in Singapore before us or before Notary Public if you are overseas.
Step 3 – Incorporate Company and Introduction to Banks
Upon the signing of the incorporation documents, we will proceed with the registration of your company with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore (ACRA).
Once the company has been incorporated, we will introduce you to banks for the opening of your corporate account. Please note that the bank account opening is subject to bank KYC .
Step 4 – Apply for Employment Pass (EP)
Rikvin submits all Employment Pass (EP) applications electronically to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) so that you can learn of your application outcome sooner.
- It takes MOM between 7-25 working days to process the application.
- Upon receiving the In-principle Approval notification, we will make arrangements for the collection of your EP.
The application for the employment pass can only be done once the company has been incorporated. It is not necessary to be physically present in Singapore while the application is being processed.
Registration of Singapore Subsidiary Company
Our service for incorporation of a private limited Singapore Company includes:
- Name check and reservation
- Preparation of memorandum & articles of the company
- Preparation of registration forms
- Professional & Filing Fees
- E-Certificate of incorporation
- Preparation of compliance corporate kit, including corporate seal, share certificates, register and minutes book
- Minutes of first board meeting
- Resolution to open a bank account
Singapore Companies Act requires all Singapore Companies to appoint a Company Secretary to handle on-going Statutory Compliance Matters.
We will act as your company secretary and this service includes:
- ACRA Compliance Alert & Reminders
- Named Company Secretary registered with ACRA for 12 months
- Maintaining the statutory books, preparation of all relevant minutes for Directors’ and Shareholders’ meetings.
Provision of Nominee Director for 2 months
- Temporary Local Nominee Director Service is required until your Employment Pass is approved.
- Note: To provide this service, we also require an additional S$2,000 refundable security deposit which will be returned to you upon approval of your employment pass.
Employment Pass Filing
The Employment Pass is for professional or businessman who has the relevant skill or experience and a recognised diploma/degree from a reputable university.
Our service includes the following:
- Application of Employment Pass onLine (EPOL) with the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). Online submissions are approved 50% faster compared to manual filing.
- Development, compilation and submission of required documents.
- Status tracking with Ministry of Manpower.
- Follow-up with authorities for all required clarifications.
* All our employment pass filing is done online and not manual filing. This will cut the approval process time by half.
Registered Office Address
The companies Act requires all Singapore incorporated entity to have a Singapore-based registered address.
- All Singapore Companies require a local registered address for official communication.
- Rikvin can provide a prestigious address if you don’t have one.
- If this option is terminated prematurely, any unused amount is refunded on a pro-rated basis.
Dependant Pass Application
- Dependant Pass (DP) Application Processing
- Online filing for faster results
- Status tracking with Ministry of Manpower
- Follow up liaising with authorities in case of any clarifications required
Ready to start a Singapore subsidiary company?
Rikvin’s expertise is unrivalled in Singapore. With 20 years of know-how in company incorporation, accounting, tax, payroll and immigration services, you can count on us to be your dedicated one-stop business solution.